With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
About the role
Success in this role will be achieved through collaborative engagement with internal BHP stakeholders and external construction contractors and consultants. You will actively supervise the safe execution of simultaneous activities related to the delivery of Modifications and Operations projects and will be directly accountable for managing safety, cost, schedule and quality across multiple brownfields projects.
This position is site based at Olympic Dam on an approved BHP Olympic Dam roster. 8/6 FIFO
- Supervise the safe execution of construction and commissioning activities across simultaneous modifications and operations projects.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by actively engaging in the BHP Field Leadership program.
- Ensure compliance to BHP Group, Business, and Asset level requirements, statutory regulations and standards, and relevant BHP Olympic Dam site standards and specifications.
- Perform regular evaluation of project risks and implement controls where necessary. Regular field verification of risk controls will be required.
- Promote a high standard of operating discipline and high performance in project execution, establishing routines necessary for safe and efficient project delivery.
- Liaise with study and execution engineers as well as construction coordinators to develop project execution plans, schedules, cost estimates and risk registers as well as undertake constructability reviews.
- Plan, control and drive the short term construction and commissioning schedule across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Supervise contracting partner resources to achieve compliance to plan.
- Provide regular project progress reports, across various platforms, to all stakeholders.
- Regularly liaise with other project teams and operational functions across Olympic Dam to provide sharing of knowledge and aid continual improvement in project delivery.
- Trade or other relevant qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (mandatory).
- Proven track record of supervising multi-disciplined brownfield construction projects from an owner’s team perspective.
- A proactive, self-driven team player who operates with honesty and integrity.
- Experienced in mining and minerals processing, or other similar heavy industrial sectors.
- Ability to manage internal stakeholders and external contractors through the construction and commissioning phase of multiple simultaneous projects
- Experienced in risk management and hazard identification processes with a proven record of safety leadership in the field
- Experienced in supervising construction and commissioning activities in an operational environment
- Experienced in driving and reporting on construction and commissioning schedules
- Good time management skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated technical skills with good problem solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, negotiating and influencing abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise
- professional verbal and written information for key stakeholders.
Supporting a diverse workforce
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.