Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Service Technician to join our service department based out of our Mt Isa facility. The role is required to support our customers on-site operations by carrying out efficient diagnostics, maintenance and repairs to our range of state of the art mobile equipment used in the mining and construction industries.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate technical understanding of Sandvik equipment. Your application of a proactive approach to ensuring machine performance will assist our customers to improve their productivity and the success of their operations, ensuring that we further expand our customer base in the area and the growth of the support team. To support you we will supply product training and the support of our dedicated products support personnel.
- Relevant Trade Certificate – Heavy / Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter) (minimum requirement)
- Driver’s license (minimum requirement)
- A demonstrated commitment to health, safety and the environment with the ability to work in remote areas
- Knowledge of hydraulics would be desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised on varying roster patterns
- Strong customer service focus and motivation and determination to achieve targets and goals.
- Proactive, self-motivated and possessing a drive to achieve customer satisfaction
All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package
- Superannuation that’s 2.5% above the superannuation guarantee
- An Employee Benefits Program
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies.
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employee’s who want to improve their health and welling.