About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia’s leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
Senior Quality Advisor – Tunnel Segment & Invert Department at Precast Manufacturing (Benalla)
We are seeking applications for an experienced Senior Quality Advisor who has a background in Precast Tunnel Segment Manufacturing. The role will be based in Benalla in Northern Victoria. The main aim of this role is to objectively assess, report on and manage quality in the Tunnel Department at the Precast facility, and to contribute to the development and implementation of the Quality Management System for CPBJH & LS Precast. You will lead a Team to enhance design, construction and commercial outcomes. Reporting to the Site Quality Manager, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the Development of and implementation of the Site Quality Plan: systems and practices for the factory that support the achievement of objectives outlined within the Project Contract, VicRoads Specifications and Quality Management System procedures
- Implement and manage the Work Lot management system to track compliance of the products & coordinate the tunnel QA team to ensure documentation uploaded & supplied prior to delivery
- Assess consultants, suppliers and sub contractors’ quality systems for compliance with the factory’s quality requirements
- Perform audit activities on consultants, suppliers and contractors to verify compliance with factory contract requirements
- Ensure site staff and key workforce members understand the Project’s quality objectives and detect response requirements as set down with the contract
- Review quality reports and performance, and provide input to the project management monthly report and other reports as requested.
- Review work practices and assist in the development of techniques to deliver improvements and efficiency to the management of work processes
- Monitor the integrity of quality related data recorded by site personnel in the Quality database
- Engage, support and provide training to all personnel performing quality related tasks within the production area
- Lead and drive the NCR process & strive for a right first time culture within the department
To be considered you MUST HAVE extensive experience in the manufacturing of Precast for Major Infrastructure Projects. A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Quality Management or Project Management is essential.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project.
We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply