One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver.
This position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2/4/3 FIFO, or 5/2 residential roster arrangement.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical & Services (T&S) Metallurgist on site at Olympic Dam to join the Surface Uranium, Gold and Silver (UGS) Production team.
The UGS stream offers access to a wide range of unit operations including leaching, Copper solvent extraction, Uranium solvent extraction, electrowinning and precious metal recovery.
Reporting to the Superintendent Technical & Services – UGS you will be part of a team responsible for developing and implementing strategies and coordinating the delivery of our key projects for Olympic Dam.
In this role you will:
- Focus on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader and engaging the operation teams
- Foster effective and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise a proficient level of technical knowledge and expertise to independently make informed decisions
- Lead improvement programs in strategy, technology improvements and best practice principles
- Produce operating standards, procedures and work instructions
- Drive process discipline in order to ensure the production units deliver safe, reliable production
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Open to new challenges and experiences
- Highly engaged, collaborative and committed to building mutually beneficial relationships across functional teams
- Degree qualified in Metallurgy, Chemical or Process Engineering
- Demonstrated background in continuous improvement
How to apply
Please apply online before 28th May 2019.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Supporting a diverse workforce