- Underground Mining
- FIFO from Brisbane or Townsville on 8 & 6 Roster
- Career Progression Opportunities Available
Barminco is part of the Ausdrill Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to 3,700 employees in 2019.
Our values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything we do. Our purpose is to create value for mine owners and we are absolutely focused on delivering for our customers. Our vision is to be the world’s leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
Our capability is critical to our success – we are looking for people who are talented, share our core values and are as committed to creating value for our clients as we are.
Mt Colin is a copper mine located approximately 65km east of Mt Isa, within the traditional country of the Kalkadoon People. The operator of this lease is Round Oak Minerals, a mining and processing company with interests based in the mineral-rich Cloncurry region in North West Queensland.
Mt Colin was previously run as a small open-pit operation. However, from July 2018, Barminco has been responsible for cutting a portal and commencing underground operations.
The Barminco Team are actively sourcing a suitably experienced Project Engineer to join our site based operations team at Mount Colin, Queensland. We are looking for someone with underground experience, who has strong commercial acumen and who is genuinely passionate about their professional development, with a desire to become a ‘leader’ during their career with us.
Reporting to the Project Manager this permanent position will be responsible for assisting site with technical & underground mining issues, and work an 8 days on / 6 days off roster. You will assist in identifying improvement initiatives, as well as championing ongoing development of Barminco’s strong safety culture and high-performance objectives.
Working with Barminco will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career, while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily and weekly planning in relation to schedules and forward planning
- Ensure mining physicals are achieved as per contract / client schedules
- Preparation of monthly progress claims and thorough review of financials as we progress towards production phase
- Monitor trends in production and development costs and assist with budget preparation
- Analyse data and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Interface with the Client
- Ensure an intimate understanding of the site contract, variations and management plans and ensure that Barminco is compliant with these requirements
- Provide regular detailed performance reporting
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Hold a Mining Engineering Degree
- Have completed (or close to completing) your Graduate Program along with time underground – approximately three to five years’ experience is ideal
- Demonstrated progress to the attainment of your Shift Supervisors Certificate or First-Class Mine Managers Certificate will be highly regarded
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be comfortable liaising with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to lead by example, as well as influence, motivate and engage with operational personnel
- Strong observation and analytical skills that translate into improvement initiatives and ideas
- Be pro-active, solutions orientated, and customer focused
- Have strong business acumen and be results & goal driven
- Possess solid computer skills; especially in the Microsoft Office Suite
Your proactive attitude to safety, diligent approach and strong work ethic, will see you become a highly valued member of the Mount Colin Operations Team. If you have the outlined skills, drive and experience to be an asset to Barminco, we truly welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.