We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Controls Analyst to join our Commercial Team in our Head Office.
Reporting to Project Commercial Manager or Lead Cost Engineer, the Project Controls Analyst is responsible for project controls setup, business administration processes including JDE and project cost control functions.
This position is also required to provide assistance to the Project Controls Manager to ensure current and accurate progress reporting data is reflected in the project control systems.
Project administration function responsibilities for the construction business:
- Govern Payroll and Labour Time Entry (“PALTE”) system and other JDE setups for new projects;
- Setup admin reports and systems for new projects;
- Govern payroll data for all wages personnel;
- Govern the CorVu reconciliations;
- Responsible for processes and procedures for project administration functions;
- Responsible for training material/guides for administration process;
- Create monthly cost control timetable (schedule) outlining all of the deadlines and distribute to the relevant teams;
- Liaise with cost controllers and assist in receiving projects monthly CV reporting files by the monthly deadline;
- Provide assistance in checking project cost reports and generating enterprise reporting;
- Liaise with project, operations and finance team members to ensure current and accurate financial data is reflected in the project cost control system;
- Assist with the definition of the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) at project setup and throughout the project lifecycle
- Prepare and oversee accurate raising / cost coding of project purchase orders;
- Ensure accurate cost checking and coding of project invoices in JDE and the overall integrity of the project accounts;
- Checking of daily project timesheets and correct cost coding against each activity;
- Other ad hoc cost control duties as directed by the Lead Cost Engineer or Project Control Manager.
- Update the progress for construction graduates and provide dashboard reporting to the Learning & Development Manager & Project Controls Manager;
- Providing support in P6, PRISM, JDE, Excel, CorVu, Envision and maintain project controls system training manuals;
- Assistance in implementation of new project control tools i.e. Envsion;
- Setup project control tools including system for daily tracking;
Experience required for the Analyst Project Controls:
- 10+ years’ in administration
- 5+ years’ in mining, earthmoving or civil construction.
- Experience with a small team of direct reports.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- Experience using JD Edwards (JDE) software.
- Current motor vehicle drivers licence – ‘C’ class.
- Some experience on site or project operations
- 3+ years’ in project controls systems (cost control , project planning and project tracking)