Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a Production Group Leader (Supervisor) to join the team within our Pinjarra Refinery. You as the Production Group Leader play an important part in the success of work execution and people engagement. The roster for this position is 2days/2nights/5 off, working a 12hour shift.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching and mentoring others to reach their full potential,
- Developing and upholding very high standards of process and production practices,
- Guiding the team to achieve its challenging goals in all areas of the business,
- Implementing and sustaining business system improvements, assisting team members to implement suggestion scheme ideas, and the auditing of standardised work practices
You will act as a help chain to the team by guiding the execution of work and utilising your problem-solving skills to assist with production and interpersonal issues, achieved utilising Alcoa’s tools and systems provided.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do.
To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A strong processing background, additionally it is advantageous if you have experience working in an alumina/refining processing plant or mining/industrial environment.
- A strong and dedicated commitment to safety, health and the environment,
- Validated use of initiative and self-motivation to excel in working with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed team leadership, communication skills and experience in implementing and leading change initiatives is required.
- The commitment to meet challenges and work with a diverse group to develop and implement strategies across our workgroups
About where you will work
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10 minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra.
It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Saturday, 22nd June 2019
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.