CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people. We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the plant and asset requirements of the QLD and PNG business unit.
The team currently has an opportunity for an experienced and qualified Plant Manager to lead the QLD Plant and Assets team in managing our plant fleet across QLD and PNG.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Plant and Assets, the key elements the Plant Manager will be accountable for are:
- Plant Compliance in accordance with legislative requirements, Company Policies, and Procedures;
- Ensuring the safe, efficient, cost effective and sustainable maintenance of our plant fleet;
- Management to ensure high level of safety and mechanical availability;
- Providing accurate sustainable plant rates;
- Plant Tendering;
- Budgeting, Forecasts, and reporting of actual costs;
- Provide technical leadership to resolve specific maintenance/plant issues with equipment items as required;
- Ensuring the JDE ERP system is used effectively within the plant group, and provide on-going leadership support to ensure it is used consistently across all sites;
- Leadership, Management and Supervision of subordinates;
- Holding regular tool box meetings and daily pre-starts, maintaining accurate records;
- Ongoing innovation and improvement within the plant department;
- Coordinating the purchasing and disposal of equipment in accordance with company policy;
- Contributing to sound whole-of-life asset strategies that will drive the best results out of the company’s investment in assets.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or recognized mechanical trade papers
- Hold construction white card or local equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or local equivalent.
- Recognized qualification in workplace supervision/management
- Minimum 10 years supervisory experience in a workshop and/or construction environment with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire subordinates.
- Solid understanding of Industry Safety Standards and codes of practice
- Solid understanding of WHS principles and their practical application through the use and development of safety management plans, risk assessments, safe work method statements, etc.
- High level organisation skills with significant logistical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.