- Global mining giant with an exceptional safety culture
- Gain exposure to project development, technology & innovation
- Residential on-site or FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on/ 6 days off roster!
- Relocation assistance for interstate applicants
It’s a really exciting time to be part of the Mine Technical Services team at Rio Tinto Iron Ore, with a number of new projects being developed in Western Australia and a large team of highly experienced, industry-leading professionals to learn from!
We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to be involved with diverse projects and receive invaluable exposure opportunities across project development, technology & innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic and high performing Mining Engineers to join our dynamic team in Western Australia!
You will have cutting edge technology at your fingertips, with the support of the brightest minds in the industry.
The range of experience to be gained includes:
- Mine Scheduling
- Mine Grade Control
- Mine planning and design including Life of Mine Planning and designing optimum drill patterns
- Drill and Blast operations
- Optimising mining activity interfaces and mine performance analysis
- Driving continuous improvement with cost reduction and efficiency
If you are early in your career or more progressed and ready to take your career to the next level we want to hear from you!
Lifestyle on offer (take your pick!):
- Residential, living in incredible Pilbara locations where you are home after every shift
- FIFO on a family friendly 8 days on/ 6 days off FIFO roster from Perth
- Relocation from interstate to Perth if required
What’s on offer:
- Generous packages including base salary, lifestyle allowances, bonus
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Medical insurance cover for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, superannuation, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Job satisfaction, where you will be a valued member of the team with a recognised contribution to the success of our business
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
To secure one of these roles it would be great if you had:
- A Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience in open pit mining operations
- Some experience in drill and blast engineering or mine planning and mine scheduling
- Exposure to mine design software (including 3D) and experience with fleet management
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency across MS Office software
- A current Australian open driver’s licence
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins.
Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise.
The iron ore business continues to be the world’s largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.