Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Seqwater to deliver leading maintenance services in the water industry. These projects cover South East Queensland across multiple locations.
We are currently seeking a permanent Mechanical Fitter to support our long-term water maintenance partnership. This full-time position is based at the Seqwater North Pine Water Treatment Plant in Joyner.
We are looking for candidates who have an asset and maintenance background, along with a strong commitment to safety, enjoy working in a team environment and are self-motivated.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Experience in a mechanical fitting role
- Experience in a pump alignment role
- Preservation of rotating and static equipment
- Demonstrable experience in pressure testing.
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- Previous experience in a utilities environment would be considered favourably, but is not essential
- Successful candidate must be based within a 50km radius of Seqwater North Pine Water Treatment Plant in Joyner
- Current First Aid, LVR&CPR, Confined Space, Working at Heights, Breathing Apparatus and Gas Test Atmosphere tickets are all desirable, but not essential
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing, and be able to supply two recent referees who can be contacted by phone.
In return, you will receive the benefits of:
- Supplied tools & PPE
- Monthly RDO
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.