AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 87,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all the key markets that it serves.
As an Industry Director in AECOM’s Construction Services you will be an all-round proven Director in the identification, pursuit and set up of major PMO’s and program’s in varied and diverse construction sectors. Our progressive brand and diversity in Construction Services is well reflected in our first Managing Contractor role in Australia and we look to integrate our services and brand further, across diverse programs and clients!
This is a flexible opportunity to be based from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and could be responsible for a regional or ANZ geographical area. The Industry Director will therefore always have diversity in major programs across varied clients, with a strategic focus on major Infrastructure as well as integrating our Construction Services brand with our local business groups.
This is your opportunity to step in to a thriving AECOM group as a proven Director with a passion in identifying, securing and setting up PMO’s and major Programs, ideally in Civil Infrastructure.
Take advantage of this ideal opportunity to work with senior management on influencing, advising and expanding our integrated business group in some of our major Infrastructure, Aviation and Defence programs throughout ANZ.
As a successful Industry Director, you will be capable of identifying, bidding, winning and setting up major programs in line with our growth strategy, alongside assisting across the following activities;
- Target and identify project development strategy, new business development and growth of current business relationships (internal and external), alongside the Construction Services ANZ Director or Regional Director
- Develop and guide the approach to securing and delivering work under integrated models such as PMO’s, Delivery Partners and EPCM
- Identify, develop, secure and integrate AECOM’s major project and programs pipelines, with a dedicated strategy towards Civil Infrastructure
- Managing and coordinating across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups (Directors, Managers, Clients, Contractors, Sub-contractors and Consultancies)
- Drive strategy and organise varied project portfolio’s and program of works across multiple Australian locations at various project stages
- Closely work between client and Directors as a trusted advisor on project/program issues, advice or delivery
- Facilitate stakeholders effectively to remain on-time and on-budget throughout project lifecycle
- Utilise a global brand in the local Australian and New Zealand markets
The core attributes of a suitable Industry Director would have some or all the following;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience across varied civil construction projects, ideally; Civil Infrastructure
- A proven background and capable network in business development, identifying opportunity and following full lifecycle or bid, win and set up major programs
- An understanding of PMO models and involvement in the delivery of programs of work, with a passion for integration and leading integrated models such as EPCM, PMO and Delivery Partner frameworks
- Ability to tap into known networks and generate opportunities from current and new business clients
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to gain buy-in from complex stakeholder groups and clients
- Client-centric approach with a confident, autonomous capability of leading bids and packages of work, alongside a thorough understanding and background in PMO setup
- Ideal employment background across both consultancy and construction/client-side roles
- A passion to perform as a leader in either a Regional or National (ANZ) role, with some travel expected
- Ideally broad program experience across multiple market sectors, with a proven record in large-scale program win and delivery ($500m+)
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-beingthrough programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Project / Program / Management
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 221142BR
Additional Locations AU – Brisbane, QLD, AU – Sydney, NSW
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.