This is an exciting time to join NRW Civil & Mining. We are seeking a site based HSE Advisor with experience working on Civil projects for our high profile project in the Pilbara on a 2/1 Roster FIFO.
This is a Permanent Fulltime position with a competitive salary FIFO from Perth.
This position is required to provide specialised advice and services in the application of health and safety practices and policies in the workplace. Ensure that HSE processes are being adhered to (audit/assess) in accordance with site standards, and legislated standards for health, safety and environment.
To be considered for this position as HSE Advisor you must possess the following as a minimum:
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health & Safety
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Relevant experience in a similar role within Health, Safety and Environment in the Civil or Mining sectors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven knowledge of Australian OSH laws and regulations
As a HSE Advisor reporting to the Senior HSE Advisor you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Assisting the Project team to ensure all activities are completed throughout planning, delivery and implementation
- Assist Supervisors in the training of employees in hazard and incident prevention
- Conduct, manage and report on all HSE incident investigations inclusive of development and implementation of remedial action
- Conduct regular audits of HSE process, systems, programs and site location work environments
- Develop and present innovative ideas and solutions which provide a balance between productivity and the safety team members, subcontractors and visitors
- Develop, implement and support HSE education and training programs to create and improve HSE awareness
- Inspect, monitor, control and evaluate HSE processes, systems and programs for value and effectiveness
NRW Civil & Mining is proud to be one of the leading civil and mining contractors in the Australian resources and infrastructure sectors. Our ongoing success is a direct consequence of the commitment we make to our clients, people and the communities in which we operate.
With close to 25 years’ experience as a civil and mining contractor, we have become a partner of choice for many of Australia’s leading resource companies nationwide. Our positive safety culture has resulted in a leading safety record and strong ties with local communities have been established through training programmes, employment, subcontracting and partnering opportunities.
About the opportunity:
- Family friendly 2/1 roster
- FIFO from Perth
- Reporting to the Senior HSE Advisor onsite
- Excellent rates, conditions and benefits
- Full time employment with full leave entitlements
- Long term employment prospects
- Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Career progression for motivated and innovative individuals
- Salary Sacrifice options available
NRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community including women and indigenous cultures are encouraged to apply
STRICTLY NO AGENCY REFERALS