- Work with brand new machines, tools & latest technology
- Lifestyle roster 4, 5, 5 – there is still time to fish after your shift
- Home away from home – state of the art camp facility
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years.
About the role
We are looking for a HEQ Fitter to maintain the site’s mining fleet through planned maintenance, breakdown/ field repairs, replacement of engines transmissions and all major components.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a Diesel Fitter qualification who has experience in diagnostics and maintenance of CAT or Komatsu mobile mining equipment
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.