- Underground Mining Industry
- Permanent Opportunities
- FIFO from Perth on an 8 / 6 Roster
Barminco is part of the Ausdrill Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to 3,700 employees in 2019.
Our values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything we do. Our purpose is to create value for mine owners and we are absolutely focused on delivering for our customers. Our vision is to be the world’s leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
Our capability is critical to our success – we are looking for people who are talented, share our core values and are as committed to creating value for our clients as we are.
At Barminco, we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to improve Barminco’s gender and indigenous diversity across our Australian and International Operations.
Reporting to the Project Manager at one of our established WA operations and with a strong functional relationship with our central H&S team, we have several opportunities for well experienced and passionate health & safety professionals to join us.
In these site-based roles you will work a family-friendly 8/6 roster and partner with Project Managers to advise and provide support to PM’s and their site leadership teams.
You will influence, engage and provide expert advice for how we manage and improve our safety systems, as well as leadership and performance on site, in line with the Barminco Group safety strategies.
You will act as an expert advisor/internal consultant with your PM and you will analyse and assess safety systems and leadership on your site.
You will identify improvement initiatives and champion ongoing development of safety culture and safety leadership at your site.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in underground mining will be highly regarded but is not essential; your ability to demonstrate relevant industry experience in a similar role is essential
- Minimum Experience working in an expert advisory capacity and ability to successfully influence and support operational leaders
- Strong credibility in working with and influencing a front line operational workforce
- Confidence and capability in collating, reporting and presenting safety performance data including written and verbal presentations and interface with clients
- A strong understanding and experience in the practical application of risk based safety principles and systems in a mining context
- Demonstrated capability in progressive safety leadership – moving beyond compliance focus to leadership, effective safety systems and personal behaviours
- Strong capability in facilitating, guiding and conducting detailed, high quality and fact-based safety investigations through various investigation processes – knowledge and familiarity of the Damaging Energies/8 Steps Models will be highly regarded
- Ability to act as a key focal point / subject matter expert and advisor for safety systems
- Capability to review and suggest recommendations for safety systems design, strategy and improvement plans/initiatives
- Strong understanding and capability in safety culture and leadership concepts and practical application of risk assessment; hazard identification and controls; and incident management and investigation
- Leading safety audits and inspections to develop and implement improvement plans
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly Mines Safety & Inspection Act 1994 and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations 1995
- Proficient in the MS Office suite and INX software/safety data analysis
Your proactive attitude to safety, diligent approach and strong work ethic, will see you become a highly valued member of the Barminco Safety Team, where you will work alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Should you possess the required skills, drive and experience we welcome your interest and encourage your application.