OZ Minerals – A Modern Mining Company
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
We are looking for a great Geotechnical Engineer to join our Technical Services team. This is a permanent position based at Prominent Hill reporting to the Geotechnical Superintendent and is responsible for providing timely professional Geotechnical Engineering services and best practice implementation of the geotechnical hazard management plans to assist in the stability of the Prominent Hill underground operation and surface excavations.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure geotechnical plans and systems are developed, implemented and communicated appropriately to ensure stability of underground mine openings and surface excavations.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of data collection and the interpretation of the geotechnical mapping, monitoring and modelling.
- Conduct geotechnical assessment for underground development, infrastructure and stopes.
- Maintain and manage geotechnical monitoring systems for the surface and underground operation.
- Provide geotechnical advice for short and long term mine schedules.
- Commitment to the OZ Minerals How We Work Together values.
- Engineering Degree majoring in Mining, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering or Science Degree with Geology / Earth Science Major.
- Experience in an underground metalliferous mine (more than 2 years is desirable).
- Solid understanding of mining regulations and operating conditions.
- Motivated, self-directed, self-starting, with the ability to work autonomously and within a team with minimum supervision.
- Strong safety and quality focus in all aspects of work.
- Advanced Microsoft suite IT literacy.
- Driver Licence – C (with ability to drive manual).
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and would like to apply to this position, please click the apply button to create your profile and upload your cover letter and CV.
Applications close Tuesday 27th August 2019
OZ Minerals is not accepting third party referrals from Recruitment Agencies.