With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Be part of exceptional, diverse Project work teams
- Fantastic work location and welcoming office environment
- Gain the opportunity to work on various Projects for reputable, well-known Clients
- Flexible work available
The Geotechnical Group is a Hatch global practice providing Geotechnical engineering design expertise to Hatch’s business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle, comprising scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
Hatch is currently seeking a Geomorphologist to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions team in the Brisbane Office. This is an opportunity for an Engineer with demonstrated engineering experience to be part of our growing team in Australia and broaden their skillset by working across our client’s key projects.
Reporting to the Regional DES Lead, your role will primarily consist of providing specialist advice on rehabilitation projects, both associated with mine closure and final landform with fieldwork and reporting aspects of varying size and complexity. You will be an experienced environmental candidate who will be able to multi-task, contribute to and prepare reports independently, carry out field work and liaise the client. You will also be required to be client facing, generating work for Hatch.
You will be working on:
- Preliminary and detailed site investigations
- Remedial action plans
- Site validation reports
- Soil classifications
- Site supervision and contractor management during remedial works
- Assisting the hydrotechnical and civil team with remedial design works
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science
- Solid experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation
- Technically strong in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vegetation and stream diversions
- Experienced in fluvial geomorphology of complex systems
- A strong understanding of the Bowen Basin geomorphic makeup
- Previous experience in channel stabilization and design
- Sediment transport analysis
- Spatial analysis (GIS, Lidar, imagery)
- Experience in Vegetation / Habitat
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established team of professionals, to further your career on challenging projects and support Hatch’s worldwide operations.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.