Monadelphous Group Limited is a leading engineering group providing construction, maintenance and industrial services to the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors. Monadelphous is headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, with projects, facilities and workshops across Australia and New Zealand, China, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea and the United States of America.
Due to our continued growth and diversification into new industries, we require an experienced General Superintendent to support our Rail Business Unit. Will be responsible for overseeing track maintenance and construction activities from the initial planning through to the execution; ensuring the safety and quality compliance.
FIFO position from Perth to Karratha, residential in Karratha. Flexible roster arrangements such as 8:6 or 5:2 will be considered. Base salary + super + site uplift and other benefits and allowances.
- Oversee the effective management and daily operations of track maintenance / construction activities.
- Ensure the rail maintenance and associated construction work are completed in accordance with company policies and procedures applicable to rail operations and maintenance.
- Effective internal stakeholder and client management.
- Lead the daily implementation and reporting of rail operating and maintenance contracts. Preparation and analysis of daily production and cost data.
- Assist in estimates and budgets for new tenders and contracts.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the rail teams to seek better, safer and more efficient ways of undertaking tasks and activities.
- Provide guidance to operations and maintenance procedures, practices and activities.
- Monitor expenses to ensure that company is meeting budgets and targets.
- Maintain records of material and labour costs.
- Track the inventory of plant and equipment, supplies and materials to guard against loss and to ensure that vital materials are ordered and delivered.
- Provide strong safety leadership by actively contributing to safety meetings, work practices and any incident investigations.
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in a senior supervisory level role within a rail construction or maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a positive culture and harmonious work environment.
- Possess strong communication and leadership attributes.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as engineering or management.
- Desirable Cert IV in Leadership & Management.
- Certification in Incident Investigation (such as Taproot or ICAM).
Monadelphous are committed to a workplace environment in which people are valued, careers are developed, and their efforts are rewarded. We pride ourselves on our dedication to ensuring a safe work environment through our safety policy message ‘the safe way is the only way’.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds.