With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Become a valued member of a professional, dynamic and inclusive team
- Convenient, central CBD office location
- Well known, respected clients and diverse range of Projects
Our Melbourne Infrastructure business is experiencing growth due to recently secured, high profile Projects and future workforce planning requirements. Due to this growth, we are looking for an experienced Civil Manager to lead our Southern Region within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
The Civil Manager provides support to the Director of Infrastructure and is responsible for supervising a team of civil engineers and designers. The Regional Civil Manager provides leadership and assists in the resolution of technical issues related to the discipline.
The successful candidate will be required to define and develop a plan to meet various project requirements in conjunction with Project Managers and manage the team of civil engineers and designers to achieve the expected results in terms of quality, cost, and schedule.
They will have responsibility for hiring and expanding the team; developing new business; maintaining and nurturing existing client relationships; liaising with other business sector leaders and teams within the organization and generally raising the profile of the Civil Engineering offering across the market.
- Planning, organizing, and leading projects teams in the delivery, design, and documentation of project requirements;
- Lead contract negotiations including variations, claims and commercial disputes, and ensure fulfillment of contract negotiations;
- Project management and technical civil lead on various multi-discipline project;
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals;
- Monitor output to ensure all of the teams’ work is completed to a high technical standard, within agreed budgets and timeframes, and in compliance with Hatch’s Business Systems;
- Developing new and maintaining existing client relationships;
- Mentoring and development of technical staff;
- Provide vision and leadership to team members;
- Hiring and expanding the team;
- Liaising with other business sectors leaders within and outside of the organization; and,
- Approval of employee time, expenses and other management functions needed for day-to-day operations.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant degree in Civil Engineering ;
- Extensive industry experience as a Civil Engineer recognized by Clients at state level;
- Assist other staff in team situations and actively share technical knowledge and expertise;
- Understanding of design and analysis of roads, freeways, intersections and drainage; and,
- Ability to both work as an individual or in a multi-discipline team with minimal supervision;
- Flexible in attitude and ability to both lead or direct a small team of technical staff;
- Sound knowledge of Australian Standards in current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices; in particular for Vicroads, VicTrack, TfNSW & RMS and with Australian Standards;
- Track record of delivering complex multidisciplinary projects on time and to budget.
- Professional Engineer registered with Engineers Australia or other relevant country registration;
- Experience and interest in business development initiatives, and in the development and maintenance of client relations;
- Proficient in the use of Bentley, 12D and other drafting/design software;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
An employee-owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.