Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Asphalt Paving team based in our Penrose Depot in Auckland.
About the role:
As Asphalt Paving Supervisor, you will assist in the management of asphalt paving operations, aiding the delivery of contract requirements, optimization of resource use, achieving target results as well as providing training to up skill the crews.
This is an opportunity for you to take charge of our operational work, and produce positive results by making informed decisions and using your experience and crew management skills. We run a 7 day a week, 24-hour operation so you can expect some night and weekend work; we will need the successful applicant to be flexible with availability.
You will have a proven track record of supervising paving teams laying a range of bituminous materials on roads and airfields, as well as:
- Preferably 5-10 years’ asphalt experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the laying and compaction of bituminous materials, paving plant operation and asphalt mix designs will be advantageous
- Able to undertake site measurement and accurately order materials with minimal wastage
- Provide solutions to unexpected events promote a “continual improvement” philosophy
- Ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Strong problem solving skills, initiative and collaboration skills
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- Competent with computers
In return we offer:
Downer is growing and we offer a stable working environment within a large international organisation with plenty of opportunity for career growth and development. Besides the challenge and reward of the position itself we offer a competitive remuneration package and training and development with industry leaders.
Whether you are an experience Foreperson looking for a step up or a seasoned Supervisor this could be an opportunity for you so don’t delay, apply now.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don’t delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.