Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia, producing 6% of global LNG supply.
We have an outstanding base business of world-class assets and strong growth prospects – plus the experience, capability and vision to make things happen.
We’re expanding our workforce in Perth and Karratha as we create an integrated LNG production centre in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Burrup Hub.
A role with Woodside is more than a career. It’s an adventure, with options to work across assets, disciplines, and products.
We recognise that a key contributor to our success is an inclusive culture that promotes diversity and a sense of belonging.
Flexible work arrangements including part time hours or job share will be considered – please indicate on your resume if you wish to be considered for a position with flexible working arrangements.
About the Role
The Health and Safety team is responsible for driving H & S outcomes across our business, championing our safety culture framework and promulgating our Golden Safety Rules company wide. As a health and safety adviser you will be responsible for communicating and implementing H & S solutions to relevant business units, whilst continually seeking opportunities to improve our management systems and processes.
This position will be based in Karratha, Western Australia and offers lots of opportunities and a great lifestyle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You day to day work will be centred around providing health and safety support to the Karratha Gas Plant Asset in accordance with Woodside Standards and processes. Your stakeholders will include the maintenance, engineering, operations and support services teams. You will take an active role aligning health and safety requirements to business plans, through training facilitation and presentation as well as maintaining a high level of implementation success. Additionally, you will constantly be assessing and identifying opportunities for improvement through health, safety and environment assurance reviews.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess formal health and safety (H&S) qualifications and extensive industry-relevant experience. You must be well versed in providing reactive H & S support in an operational environment, while continuously fostering a safety conscious in all personnel across the asset. Prior exposure to fast paced environments with a wide variety of stakeholder groups is critical to your success in this role. Proficiency with root cause analysis, auditing and human factors would be highly advantageous, as would an innate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
Recognition & Reward:
What you can expect from us:
- Work on projects for world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability and efficiency
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Values in action
- Industry-leading 16 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carer; plus secondary carer leave
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives, share plans, above-industry superannuation contributions and a generous health insurance allowance