An opportunity now exists for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Boral Cement operation team based in Berrima. The purpose of the Senior Mechanical Engineer is to support the team achieve zero harm, plant reliability and production targets. The role is to provide strong leadership, direction and coaching. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will have a team of direct reports and you will work closely with the Planning area and Stores in order to safely execute plant maintenance and continuous improvement projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in line with Boral’s Zero Harm Today safety culture.
- Ensure maintenance costs are managed within budget.
- Team briefings and toolbox talks delivered effectively and promptly.
- Supervising maintenance contractors working on the plant site when required.
- Conducting equipment inspections and field investigation when required.
- Ensuring all technical specifications and special instructions are available, understood and adhered to by the craftsmen.
- May be involved in arranging the purchase of non-stock parts or special services when required.
- Participating in Weekly Planning meetings and Shutdown planning meetings.
- Providing input to the Planning area for the purpose of setting priorities and work order planning improvement.
- Effective and timely achievement of actions projects and targets in Lean Action Plan and Strategy Deployment matrix.
- Continually devising ways to improve productivity and efficient use of all resources.
To be successful in this role you must have the following skills, qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent – Business degree will also be advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance execution in an industrial environment.
- Experience in Team supervision and management
- Knowledge of condition based maintenance techniques
- Excellent knowledge and adherence to Health & Safety procedures and safe work procedures
- Understanding and experience in planning maintenance activities
- Ability to deliver through multi-functional working groups
- Strong people skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: spreadsheets, presentation, documents
- Ability to contribute to short and long term planning and achievement of business performance objectives
On offer will be a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.