At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
This position of Specialist Technical Water Operations will form part of a multi-functional and diverse team supporting our Water Operations teams to safely and efficiently achieve departmental and BHP Olympic Dam business objectives.The role will involve being an active member of the operations team, providing technical support and technical guidance to meet the production requirements of the business, as well as leading initiatives to improve the overall quality of the water and waste water operations on site.
The role covers the following areas of plant:-
- Process water (PW) including the borefield and storages.
- Saline water system
- Potable water (PO) including the desalination plant and storages
- RO water (RO)
- Demineralisation Plant
- Cooling towers (legionella control)
- Site Water Reticulation Systems
- Previous experience in functional area is desirable, but not essential.
- Previous experience in a water operational and production field is desirable, but not essential.
- Certification in Water treatment desirable, but not essential.
- Qualifications in training small groups & Train the trainer desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience with site isolations process & procedures desirable but not essential.
- Proven ability to demonstrate appropriate HSEC behaviors
- Previous experience in CITEC (Scada systems) desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work effectively within the Olympic Dam operations and functional teams.
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
- Operational knowledge
- Incident Investigation
- Microsoft Office
- SAP Essentials
- Change Management
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.